Implementing Rapid Test Automation with QARA Enterprise
Software testing has undergone a sea change in the recent times with the advent of automation and the eventual emergence of concepts like Agile and DevOps. The dynamic market that is the result of the short attention span of the current generation of users, demands constant innovation. This is the reason software application development firms are forced to be on the edge with innovation that is presented to the users through frequent updates in the applications.
While this is great for the users who are constantly being presented with something new, it can be challenging for the developers and QA professionals to keep up with the constant need to develop and test the application. Needless to say, automation is the need of the hour as the extent of testing required today is not possible to achieve through the manual process.
Common Challenges Faced by QA TeamsGiven below are some of the challenges faced by enterprises when it comes to software application testing.
- Testing against multiple browsers
- End-to-end testing involved in Web, Database and service layer testing
- Incorrect documentation of test cases
- Combination of multiple internal applications to complete complex workflows
- Parallel test execution
- Low test coverage
- Low levels of test efficiency
- Time consuming process of writing test scripts multiple times
- Test case documentation
QARA Enterprise is an integrated platform that supports declarative, no-scripting, no-coding functional test automation design, management, planning, and execution along with built-in reporting capabilities. The platform is built on open source Selenium and offers excellent automated test tracking, management and reporting – the ideal features of a new age test automation tool.
QARA Enterprise is a suite of products for test management and functional test automation that enables users with minimal programming skills to design, automate, and run functional tests over web, desktop and mobile applications.
The Automation Framework of QARA Enterprise is as follows:
- Ensures that enterprises cut down significant amount of regression testing cycles
- Identification of defects in earlier phases of the product life cycle
- Accurate prediction of the go-to-market time
- Intuitive and sleek interface for test script design
- Easy maintenance and high reusability
- Improved integration with popular Continuous Integration servers
- Easy-to-use features that support integrated, web-based reporting and analytics
Benefits of Rapid Automation with QARA Enterprise
The following are the key benefits of implementing test automation with QARA Enterprise.
- Estimated reduction of nearly (70%) in regression testing cycle time and efforts
- Nearly (70%) cost reduction in regression testing cycles
- Increased confidence in quality of production release due to less manual intervention
- Enhanced test coverage due to automation testing
- Early defect identification due to parallel execution
- Automatic and effective reporting of completed regressions
- Scalable and reusable components
- Automated scheduling of test runs and reporting
- Reusable scripts and support for central object repository
- Optimized resource utilization – testers spent more time testing new features without worrying about regression