Overcoming the Challenges to User Data Privacy with Digital HRMS
Privacy of user data is a cause for concern in today's world even threats to data continue to multiply.
According to a study by Pew Research Center,79% of respondents say they are very concerned about how companies are using the data collect.
This indicates that data privacy does matter to users today and after unfortunate incidents of massive data breach, such as the one involving Facebook, people are not sure if they should trust organisations with their data. Today, they have realised how much vulnerable their personal data is, in the hands of the organisations that collect and store user data.
However, in today's data driven environment, it is not possible to stay away from sharing data with businesses all around us that we interact with in our everyday life. So, whether we download an app or sign up on a website to shop online, our data gets collected every time.
Why Privacy of HR Data is a Big Concern
Advanced data security is not the only feature of new age HR software that we have today. They also ensure data privacy and follow strict protocol when it comes to the collection, storage and usage of data. Digital HRMS is an example of software that ensures complete privacy of user data through GDPR compliance.
GDPR is a set of regulations formulated by the European Union (EU) to protect the misuse of personal data of EU citizens by businesses across the globe. It stands for General Data Protection Regulation and it comprises a set of laws governing the data privacy of the citizens of the European Union (EU) that came into force in May 2018. GDPR was defined by the European Union (EU), with UK also being a part of it. According to GDPR, any website or business that collects data of EU and UK citizens, are not allowed to use this data for their benefit. To put it simply, the business or website is not allowed to share the data with any third party without the prior consent of the users.
Ensuring User Data Privacy with Digital HRMS
Digital HRMS is an example of a HR software that is GDPR compliant, which means it has successfully implemented all of the key measures required for GDPR Compliance. It is a platform that ensures the user data is safe and will never be used without their consent. Right from seeking user permission before collection and storage of data, to encryption of data, Digital HRMS has gone all the way to ensure complete compliance with GDPR regulations.
Given below are the benefits that Digital HRMS offers as a GDPR Compliant platform.
- Periodic automated data checks conducted to analyze old data and whether they need to be retained.
- Quick deletion of data from the organization database a Why Enterprises Can Benefit from a GDPR Compliant HRMS Software as and when required.
- Allows employees to view their personal data that is collected and stored in the organization’s database, just by logging in to the platform.
- Provides employees with the control to edit or delete their personal data on the platform.
- Provides access control to data, based on the roles in the organization, which eliminates the occurrences of unauthorized access to personal information of employees.
- Automated checks on data to identify possible vulnerabilities that minimize the possibilities of data breaches.
- Builds trust among new hires of the company as well as the clients and associates.
- The compliance factor helps the business stand out from the competition.
Want to explore how Digital HRMS can help your enterprise enhance employee management? Visit our website www.digitalhrms.com or drop us an email on email@example.com and our team will get in touch with you.